Thursday, September 15, 2011

Fly To Jesus Rachel

Yesterday I had the most amazing experience of watching my sister Rachel Fly to Jesus at 5:33PM. The family was gathered around - Mom, Dad, Rob, Jim, Wayne was on Skype, Julie, Aunt Betty and Aunt Paula were all there letting Rachel know that she was loved but we were all happy that she would soon be with Jesus and be pain free. I got to see my sister transition from her painful dying life her on earth and then a moment later she was with Jesus! My heart still sings for joy that I was there to see that!! I was able to hold her hand as she took her last breaths and then kissed her goodbye knowing that Jesus had already given her a new body, food to fill her new body and a beautiful house that she would live.

This morning  I woke up with so much relief because I did not wake up fearing how Rachel's night went, would she have been in much pain?, would she has thrown up? Instead I knew that she was safe and healed!! Throughout the day I had moments of sadness as I prepared for the funeral and got out her dress that she had worn just a couple months ago at her renewal with Rob. Looking for shoes to go with  the dress and a shawl to cover her skinny arms. But then I had to remind myself that she was in Heaven and there was no better place.

A couple of things that stick out to me about yesterday was that when Rachel had passed on to Heaven, a little while later Mom was in the other room crying and Dane came to her and said "MomMom, why are you cry??!!! You should be happy that Mommy is not in pain anymore" How amazing that an 11 year old can grasp that truth. But my heart still breaks for Dane and Ethan...so young to be without their Mommy!! Ethan cried a lot that night because he loved his Mommy so much. My heart cries for them.

Rob was there with Rachel as she passed and instead of anger about loosing his wife, he knew that she was healed and felt peaceful about everything. His love for Rachel was so special! Rob was an amazing husband to my sister and fit her perfectly! He is our family!! That will never change! Mom and Dad think of him as their own son. He is not my brother-in-law but my brother!



Weak and wounded sinner
Lost and left to die
O, raise your head, for love is passing by
Come to Jesus
Come to Jesus
Come to Jesus and live!

Now your burden's lifted
And carried far away
And precious blood has washed away the stain, so
Sing to Jesus
Sing to Jesus
Sing to Jesus and live!

And like a newborn baby
Don't be afraid to crawl
And remember when you walk
Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus and live!

Sometimes the way is lonely
And steep and filled with pain
So if your sky is dark and pours the rain, then
Cry to Jesus
Cry to Jesus
Cry to Jesus and live!

O, and when the love spills over
And music fills the night
And when you can't contain your joy inside, then
Dance for Jesus
Dance for Jesus
Dance for Jesus and live!

And with your final heartbeat
Kiss the world goodbye
Then go in peace, and laugh on Glory's side, and
Fly to Jesus
Fly to Jesus
Fly to Jesus and live!



3 comments:

  1. I'm a friend of Sue Bickings who has posted your updates very regularly for quite some time now. I've been reading them and praying for Rachel and her husband, children, parents, siblings, family, friends, etc. Just wanted you to know how Rachel's life has touched people who have never even met her. What a beautiful update. Praise the Lord for His mercy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never met Rachel but what a beautiful person she must have been the song is absolutly beautiful my thoughts and prayers to her family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless her Lord as she is free of pain. Thank you Lord for the opportunity to have met her in Ministries & prayer as she was truly an inspiration. I look forward to the day when we meet again. In Jesus Name
    Amen.

    ReplyDelete